With the Eid travel rush just around the corner, the teams at Emirates are preparing to welcome more than 700,000 customers in Terminal 3 at DXB this holiday period. The busy travel period is expected to start on 29 April, with the highest volumes of travellers on the weekend before Eid, but travel is expected to remain high until 9 May and across the two weekends. The most popular destinations for UAE travellers getting away or visiting friends and family for Eid are London, Istanbul, Manila, Cairo, Paris, Casablanca, New York and Los Angeles.
For travellers based in Ajman and the Northern Emirates, there’s been no better time to skip the DXB queues and take advantage of the airline’s Ajman check-in facility, now open round the clock.
Customers can now check in up to 24 hours ahead of their flight, and up to 4 hours before departure. Emirates has also been working with the Ajman Transport Authority to expand the bus schedule to DXB, and now provides an enhanced check-in experience, complete with medical document checks, boarding passes and they can also fully check-in their baggage ahead of their convenient bus trip to DXB, bypassing the queues and breezing directly to the gate.
For customers travelling through DXB, Emirates offers the following advice for stress-free travel:
- Get there early! Customers are advised to get to the airport least three hours before their flight departure to allow enough time for check-in, health document checks and immigration formalities.
- If you choose to drive, please build in extra time to avoid traffic coming into Terminal 3. Alternatively, customers can take the Dubai Metro with direct links into Terminal 3.
- Use the airline’s convenient 48 self-service bag drop machines, 32 of which include bag drop capability. Emirates’ customers can check in as early as 24 hours before their flight takes off, and passengers travelling to the US can check in 12 hours before departure.
- Park it! Passengers can also use the car park check-in facility from 24 hours and up to six hours prior to departure. With zero parking charges, customers who get dropped off at Terminal 3 Departures Car Park will have even easier and more convenient check-in options for a smoother airport journey.
- Check-in comes to you; Emirates customers also now have the option to cut down their wait time with 25 mobile check-in ports roaming around the departures hall. Customers can get their boarding cards, weigh their bags, tag them, and have any of their questions answered by check-in staff.
- Emirates’ biometric path in Terminal 3 offers a frictionless journey from specific check-in desks, Emirates dedicated lounges and boarding gates. Without any document checks or queuing, passengers can use the biometric path to swiftly complete all of their formalities.
Customers who check in less than 60 minutes before departure will not be accepted for travel. Once checked in, passengers are advised to ensure they arrive to their boarding gate on time. Gates open 90 minutes before departure, boarding starts 45 minutes before the flight and gates close 20 minutes before departure. Emirates will not be able to accept passengers reporting late to the boarding gate for travel. Check-in and gate closure timings will be strictly followed to ensure flights depart on schedule and to avoid the impact on operations.
Customers are also reminded to review the travel requirements to their booked destination by checking the latest updates on the Emirates Travel Hub.